Louth Office Tax Assistant
Role: Tax Assistant
Hours: 30 Hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary
We are looking for an enthusiastic Tax Assistant to join our friendly team at our Louth office reporting direct to Partner. The position encompasses both managing your own portfolio and responsibility for all personal, partnership and limited company tax compliance work.
Key responsibilities are:
- Managing own portfolio of tax clients
- Responsible for preparation of all office Personal and Partnership SATR’s
- Dealing with day to day client and supporting staff on tax queries
- Managing the tax work flow of the office and staff training
- Other duties in support of the Practice as required by the Partners
The successful applicant should ideally be ATT qualified or by experience with a practice background and experience of staff management. You will have good time management skills, be able to work efficiently to meet targets and deadlines and communicate effectively.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office, including Excel, is essential
- Use of Iris tax modules would be advantageous but not essential
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and private health care, this role offers solid career progression opportunities within the firm and the chance to work with a friendly and sociable team.
- Responsibility for the planning and risk assessment, fieldwork and execution, and final completion of audit and accounts assignments.
- Timely and efficient delivery of the audit assignment, working to pre-agreed budgets.
- Reporting directly to Partner level.
- Management, and on the job training / development, of the audit team throughout assignments.
- Attendance at client premises on audit assignments, liaising directly with directors and key personnel.
- Ensuring that the firm is kept up to date with all changes to the audit regulatory environment.
Qualifications/Skills/Experience – preferred:
- Proven management experience in an audit role.
- ACA / ACCA or equivalent qualified.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial reporting and auditing standards
- Ability to adapt the audit approach and procedures to a wide range of industries.
- Experience in the audit of group accounts, FSA entities, charities, pension schemes and solicitors.
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills.
- Strong team management, development and motivation skills.
- Efficient working approach and service delivery, within budget.
- Willingness to travel to clients on audit assignments (C-19 restrictions permitting).
- Career development with a growing firm.
- Client focused practice committed to adding value and being a “business partner to clients”.
- Friendly and sociable team
- Pension and healthcare benefits.
- Competitive salary.
Client Manager / Senior Accountant
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic full time senior accountant to join our friendly team at our Boston office, reporting direct to partner level.
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers solid career progression opportunities within the firm, good technical exposure to accounts/tax work and the chance to work with a friendly and sociable team.
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients
- Review of accounts and tax computations/returns for a variety of clients; (Some preparation of accounts and tax work)
- Responsible for ensuring all month end submissions and deadlines are met
- Work closely with your clients building and maintaining solid relationships
- Dealing with day to day client and team queries
- Other duties in support of the practice as required by the partners
- ACA or ACCA qualified with minimum 5 years practice experience
- Ability to work unaided to strict deadlines
- A high level of technical knowledge, (including FRS 102/105)
- Punctual, reliable and with excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with significant knowledge of Microsoft Office and bookkeeping software such as Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Use of Iris accounts production suite would be advantageous, but not essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Part-Qualified Accountant (two positions available)
Our Horncastle office are looking to recruit 2 part-qualified accountants to join their existing team.
Responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts and assisting with the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to a portfolio of clients.
- The preparation of client accounts, up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval/ signing off by Manager /Director. This will normally involve preparation of draft accounts suitable for client meeting with Manager and/or Director and subsequent completion thereof.
- The provision of a range of other services to clients as required e.g. general book-keeping, VAT Returns, assistance with accounting software, tax computations, again for approval by Manager/Director or under the supervision of Manager.
- To adhere to the procedures which provide a clear framework for all members of the department to ensure effective scheduling, allocation and completion of work (such procedures to be amended and updated as required from time to time).
- To constantly review the work undertaken and refer to Manager/Director any Compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the group.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect, and to know your own limitations in advising the client on accounting matters.
- To promptly report to Manager any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their senior/manager.
- Part / fully Qualified AAT level 3/4 or ACCA part qualified or qualified by experience e.g. approx. 3 years general practice experience.
- Must be able to prepare accounts independently to final stage.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary. E.g. Xero, QuickBooks and Iris.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act, and relevant taxation matters.
Due to the current situation, there may be some working from home, the office has strict Covid -19 prevention measures in place.
If you are a good team player with the above skills, hard working with a passion to succeed. Please send your CV with covering letter stating why you are the right person to fill this position, to email@example.com.
At Dexter & Sharpe we are always looking for quality experienced staff, from the support team to sector managers.
If you are
- confident, independent and outgoing
- trustworthy, reliable and honest
- committed, dependable and willing to learn
- enthusiastic with good oral and written communication skills
- a team player with the ability to help others solve problems
- highly motivated with a desire to achieve success in your career
Then Dexter & Sharpe Needs You. Email your CV and covering letter to Careers@dextersharpe.co.uk or scroll down for specific vacancies.
As an ACCA gold accredited training firm we ensure that our trainees receive the best support and start to their careers. This support continues throughout your training with the firm and we will ensure that your professional bodies CPD requirements are met.
If you are looking to start a career in accountancy or tax please contact us by sending a CV and covering letter to Careers@dextersharpe.co.uk, between February and May to ensure that you are considered for our summer intake.
If you are already on your path to membership then contact us to see if we can help you to realise your ambitions.