Dexter & Sharpe is a firm of Chartered Certified Accountants offering accounts, tax and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an assistant/trainee to join our friendly team in the Louth office. Working within a professional environment, you will be working alongside an experienced team and be given exposure to all elements of accounting. Prior experience is necessary for this role, however consideration would given to candidates with no experience as you will be given comprehensive on the job training along with study support.
This role would suit someone who is either part AAT qualified or looking to commence the qualification. Excellent career and development opportunities will be available to suitable candidates.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of accounts and supporting working papers for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, including Making Tax digital compliance
- Bank reconciliations
- Dealing with purchase and sales ledgers
- Day-to-day use of accounting software such as Sage, Xero and QuickBooks
- General admin duties
- Liaising with clients by phone and email
- Payroll support
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good I.T. skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills
- Attention to detail
Closing date: 24 June 2019